Pennsylvania State Member Benefits
Be Represented. APA provides continual advocacy for professional privileges and rights.
- A professional lobbyist who is working on your behalf in Harrisburg
- Eligibility to join a committee and have a voice in the direction your profession is going in
- Student Members are allowed to run for the Student Representative on the Board, who gives voice to student concerns and is allowed a vote on all Board decisions.
- Automatic membership in the Acupuncture Society of America (ASA)
- Tuition discount on APA sponsored CEU / PDA seminars and on select adjacent state association sponsored seminars
- Promotion of your Practice on the APA Website
- 5% discount from China Herb Company
- 5% discount from Lhasa OMS. To get the lhasa discount members email a copy of their membership card to
- 5% discount for online orders from Golden Needle. Members email a current screenshot or copy of their membership to and Kelly will adjust their account. When the membership expires, the discount ENDS and members have to send the new membership card with expiration date to Kelly and she will keep their account updated.
- 5% discount from Redwing Books. Email membership certificate or card to ">
- Certificate of Membership in APA for display in your practice
- Updates on APA Political Action
- PDA points for your NCCAOM re-certification. When you become actively involved in the board, committee or legislative action with the association we can offer up to 20 PDA points per re-certification cycle.
- Insurance product discount through Bost Workplace Benefits including short-term disability, life insurance, dental and supplemental indemnity plans, and 24/hour medical services. Bost Benefits will work with individual members to customize plans to meet their individual needs. Members can contact Ms. Lianne Sia-Dictor at 877-283-7600, Ext. 223, or at
- Build Consumer Awareness of and Confidence in Your Practice: Belonging to a professional association provides greater consumer confidence. APA membership includes membership in the American Society of Acupuncture (ASA).
- 10% Discount on Malpractice Insurance with CM&F through ASA
- National Updates
- Job Posting through the ASA and the APA
- Discount to the Annual ASA Meeting
- Receive Exclusive and Easy Access to APA’s Website Members’ Only Portal: Click here
- Access and Listing in our Practitioner Directory
ASA National Association Member Benefits
When you become a member of the American Society of Acupuncturists (ASA), you are joining a federation of other state associations. While each state association operates independently and has its own unique challenges, the ASA exists to provide support and resources by
1) Promoting the practice of acupuncture and herbal medicine
2) Gathering and sharing information and best practices related to governance, advocacy and membership
3) Unifying the profession and collaborating in advocacy efforts
4) Offering individual discounts to products and services for professional members
Information, Communication and Promotion
Insurance for Acupuncture
Annual Conference- Opportunity for professional members and students to commune and learn. Vendors, schools and supporters of the profession are present. CEU and PDA credits are available.