News & Advocacy
Latest News & Advocacy Articles
On October 3, the House Professional Licensure Committee voted to report HB 1490, which updates the Acupuncture law, to the full House. The bill was unanimously reported as amended. The amendment, A02282 offered by bill sponsor Rep. Patrick Gallagher, changes...
House Bill 1490 has been introduced and referred to the House Professional Licensure Committee. This bill would allow licensed acupuncturists from other states to temporarily practice acupuncture during continuing education events or a state of emergency. It also...
Download the PDF HERE to view the ASA-NCCAOM CMS RFI – Health Equity November 2022
Download the Chart PDF
H.R. 4803 – Fact Sheet HR4803 Fact Sheet (Chinese)
Join the ASA’s Medicare advocacy efforts by collecting testimonials from your patients to support H.R. 4803, The Acupuncture for Our Seniors Act. Patient testimonials are a great way to engage your patients and educate legislators on the benefits of receiving...
Become a Member
Joining your state association supports local, state, and national efforts to present the profession as subject matter experts of acupuncture while improving standards of education, practice, doctorate programs, continuing education, credentialing, and privileging.
News in Other States
- 9 Reasons To Attend ASM Membership Meeting & Acupuncture Needling Technique Class
- ASM Annual Membership Meeting plus CE Class with Xiao Ming Cheng
- ASA and the NCCAOM Endorse the Acupuncture for Our Seniors Act of 2023
- The ASA and the NCCAOM Endorse the Acupuncture for Our Seniors Act of 2023
- Reps. Chu, Fitzpatrick Introduce Bipartisan Acupuncture for Our Seniors Act of 2023
- Annual Membership Meeting & Needling Technique Class
- Regs are open for ASM members – Classical Acu Needling Techniques & Annual Mtg
- 3/8/2023 Advocacy Webinar Recording. Please view!
- “State of the Profession: Where Do We Go From Here?” Jan 18, 2023 Town Hall Recording Watch NOW!
- Join the ASA 2023 Live In-Person Conference: Envisioning Our Future!